My Basket
Shopping cart is empty.
  • 2018 Heathcote

    Fiano

    The Vintage

    Winter and Spring were both cool with plentiful rainfall. Summer was warm to hot, with above-average rainfall through December. Thankfully the rains stopped in mid-January, with a lengthy mild and sunny lead up to a late-February harvest.

    The Site

    Chalmers - Colbinabbin, Heathcote.

    Ancient Red Cambrian soils interspersed with copper-infused basalt (greenstone). Easterly aspect, east-west row orientation. VCR3 clone close-planted in 2009. Cane pruned. Machine harvested with onboard sorting on 26th February 2018.

    The Winemaking

    The machine harvested fruit was given skin contact on the day of picking to extract phenolics. After pressing, around 75% of the juice was settled to a high level of clarity for inoculated tank fermentation. The remaining 25% was transferred to old white barrels with a higher level of solids for barrel fermentation using wild yeast. The two portions were blended before bottling without fining on 30th July 2018.

    The Wine

    Medium straw colour with green tints. The nose displays intense aromas of green apple, nashi pear and spring blossom. The palate is focused, tight and linear. A lovely textural component leads on to a long finish.

    13.0% alcohol Screwcap


    $26 per bottle

    QTY
    2018 Heathcote Fiano